ROW seeks to hire experienced drivers to provide safe, reliable transportation to ROW guests and employees. ROW drivers primarily operate full size school-style busses filled with guests and may include hauling a trailer stacked with rafts. Drivers at certain operations also drive heavy duty crew cab truck and trailer loaded with trip equipment. Drivers provide a quality first and last experience for ROW guests as they begin and end their trips. Drivers are responsible for daily inspection of vehicle and to maintain a safe and clean vehicle. Additional duties may include assisting guides with put-in and take-out of equipment. Drivers must have a CDL, a passenger endorsement and no airbrake restriction.
Positions available in Spokane, WA; Superior, MT; Syringa, ID
Job Duties (not listed in order of importance):
- Responsible for the safe conveyance of all passenger and load between origination and destination.
- Check that load is safely secured and road-worthy before any departures and after all stops.
- Greet guests warmly as they load and unload from vehicle.
- Drive guides and guests to/from various river put-in (launch) and take-out points. May occasionally drive to regional airports for guest pick ups or drop offs directly related to their river trip with ROW.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicle on a daily basis, paying particular attention to keeping windows clean at all times. Will assist guides in washing the bus at least once a week.
- Ensure vehicle has been fueled, oiled and inspected before departure time.
- Visually inspect vehicle prior to each trip for any needed repairs or maintenance and, as able, make small repairs. Record all inspections and repairs in vehicle log book.
- Responsible for regular, basic maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of vehicles and trailers. Coordinate larger maintenance needs, as approved or directed by supervisor, with local suppliers.
- Assist with take-out process. May include directing guests, laying out tarps for rafts, preparing straps on the roof or trailer, and other duties necessary to expedite the take-out.
- Communicate with the area manager about any problems that may arise including any cooperation issues with other guides, problems that may be the result of guides not fulfilling their duties as these relate or interfere with safe or efficient fulfillment of bus driver duties.
- Assist with other aspects of trip operation as-needed and directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for providing superlative guest service with a “can do” attitude, for interacting with and responding to ROW employees and guests in a professional, helpful manner.
- Legally allowed to work in the United States.
- At least 25 years of age
- A positive, supportive team player
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Neatly groomed
- Possess a current CDL with passenger endorsement and no air brake restriction.
- Possess a current Medical Examiner’s Card
- Minimum two years bus or truck driving experience
- Experience handling a trailer, preferred.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and comply with ROW’s Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace Policy
- Excellent driving record (Before starting employment must submit a current Motor Vehicle Record from the Department of Motor Vehicles)
How To Apply:
Thank you for your interest in ROW Adventures.