We are seeking bike tour guides as we expand our offerings of bike tours in the Pacific Northwest! ROW guides are a fun-loving, thoughtful and talented group of people with a tremendous passion for the natural world. In addition to having some technical biking skills and bike repair skills, we are looking for people with a passion to learn about the history of the areas we visit. As much as we love biking, we love sharing nature with our guests even more. Guiding for ROW can be hard work, full of long hours in often physically demanding situations. Yet we find it immensely rewarding to enrich lives through safe and memorable outdoor adventure. To do so, ROW hires guides who are committed to excellence in hospitality and safety, provide meaningful interpretation to guests, support conservation efforts, desire to grow and learn, and who seek to set the high water mark in their professional and personal lives. Does this sound like you? Then apply to join our team!
Guide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely lead biking tours
- Excellent risk management capability in remote settings
- Work positively with other team members to implement all aspects of a ROW trip from pack-up to clean-up in order to provide guests with a safe, meaningful and memorable experience
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural history topics pertinent to the trip, such as geology, cultural history, etc.
- Lead guest activities as suggested by the bike tour itinerary
- Take care of ROW equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent ROW and its Mission, Vision and Values
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in ROW's Guide Manual
- Act as a good steward of the natural world and follow Leave No Trace practices
Perform other duties, including a minimum of 10 hours of off-river warehouse work each season, as needed or assigned
Professionally care for and maintain ROW's bicycles, E-Bikes, vehicles and trailers
Perform other duties, including a minimum of 10 hours of end of season cleanup work as needed or assigned
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- At least one year of previous commercial bike guiding experience; multi-day experience preferred
- A current 16 hour minimum (WFA) or higher advanced First Aid certification (WEC, WAFA, WFR, WEMT, EMT preferred) along with current CPR
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field and lift and load bikes on and off vehicles
- Willing and eager to interact positively with a range of age groups, from small children to seniors
- Experience in guest services or group leadership preferred
- Academic or professional background or equivalent experience in natural science, western American history, environmental education or conservation related field preferred
Ability to follow ROW's drug-free and tobacco free workplace policy
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (SARS - COV - 2) prior to starting employment
How To Apply:
*We recommend that you submit your application using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser. Applicants sometime experience difficulties using Safari. If you are unable to submit your application, please try again using a different browser.
Thank you for your interest in ROW Adventures.