To the east of Washington and Oregon in the Pacific Northwest, Idaho is a large state that has been described as "if you flatten all the mountains in Idaho, it would be as large as Texas." It covers two time zones and runs from Nevada in the south to Canada in the north. Mountains and farmland encompass most of the state which is also full of pristine lakes and the best rafting rivers in the United States. A whitewater rafters dream and whichever part of this magnificent state you choose to discover, ROW Adventures will lead you on a path of spectacular scenery and Idaho rafting adventures! There are sure to be helpful Idahoans to meet and greet you at every step of the way. So come on by and discover Idaho with ROW Adventures on a rafting trip of a lifetime.
Idaho Rafting Trips
When looking for an Idaho rafting trip why chose another outfitter other than the one who whitewater rafts more Idaho rivers than anyone else on earth? Since 1979, ROW Adventures has established the high water-mark in Idaho whitewater rafting. For over three decades we have combined our experience and expertise and have developed Idaho rafting trips that are unmatched in our industry.
If you are a beginner or an expert, we have the Idaho rafting trip for you. Whether you are looking for a multi-day rafting trip with your family, a corporate retreat, or you're just a person looking for adventure, Idaho will deliver the rafting experience of a lifetime. From Class II Rapids to Class IV Rapids, Idaho rafting is the mecca of rafting vacations in North America. You can raft the deepest canyon in North America, watch for black bears and other wildlife, and explore untouched wilderness just like Lewis and Clark.
Our guides are the best at their craft. They not only offer the best rafting experience, but an interpretation experience so you can engulf yourself in the surroundings and take in a truly unique rafting journey. Our ROW Fleet consists of the well-maintained rafts, kayaks, and canoes with your comfort in mind. All gear and guides are provided with our Idaho rafting trips...all we need is an enthusiastic spirit and we'll dress and guide you appropriately.
ROW Adventures offers more Idaho whitewater trips than any other outfitter on earth:
- Middle Fork of the Salmon - 5 to 6 days. The most famous whitewater rafting trip in Idaho and America’s premier alpine wilderness rafting expedition, dropping some 3000 feet over 100 miles. Incredible rapids, spin and fly fishing, hot springs, hiking trails and spectacular Rocky Mountain scenery.
- Salmon River Canyons - 4 or 5 days. Location for ROW's Family Magic series, a rafting trip focused on family groups, this is a land of warm water, hot sun and fun, intermediate rapids. Camp on huge white sand beaches, swim and share the best in family river rafting under a big Western sky.
- Snake River in Hells Canyon - 3 to 6 days. Forming the border between Idaho and Oregon, a Snake River white water rafting trip takes you through some of the biggest rapids in the USA. Flowing through America’s deepest river gorge, the Snake River has exciting whitewater, majestic scenery, good hiking trails, wildlife viewing and superb fishing.
- The Lochsa River - 1 to 3 days. ROW Adventures' most exciting one-day whitewater trip, this is recommended for those with previous rafting experience. In May and June the river is cold and fast. In latter June and July it slows down and warms up but still packs plenty of punch.
- Bruneau and Owyhee Rivers - 4 to 17 days. The most remote, isolated wilderness white water rafting trips in the lower 48 States! These desert rivers flow from the mountains of northern Nevada through enchanting canyon lands similar to Utah’s Bryce or Zion National Parks.
- Middle Fork of the Clearwater - 1 day. Formed when the Selway River joins the Lochsa River in Idaho, this is a mellow float with spectacular scenery along US Highway 12. This flows by the River Dance Lodge – Idaho’s Outdoor Adventure Resort. Canoe, raft and sit-on-top kayak trips are available.
- Salmon River Near Riggins - 3 days. For a short whitewater rafting escape to the legendary Salmon River, this trip has fun rapids, warm water, big beaches and great scenery. All the ingredients for a great Idaho whitewater rafting trip!
- The Lower Selway - 1 day. A gentle float trip on the edge of the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness, perfect for families, or gentle canoeing and sit-on-top kayaks. A lightly-used dirt road parallels this Idaho river.
- The Moyie River - 1 day. Raftable only in May and June this is a fun, class III (intermediate) whitewater rafting trip suitable for beginners and veteran rafters. The water is fast-flowing and cold and we provide wetsuits and booties. The Moyie flows through a roadless canyon of thick cedar forest.
- The St. Joe - 1 day. Raftable only in May, June and early July, this is similar to the Moyie in terms of being a cold, fast-flowing river. The scenery is gorgeous with cedar-lined banks and a seldom-traveled road alongside.
Idaho Kayaking with ROW Adventures
Kayakers are more than welcome to join our rafting trips in Idaho. We have "duckies" (personal kayaks) that many enjoy during our Idaho trips. Whitewater kayaking has become very popular over the years and there is no better place than Idaho to experience water and rapids while kayaking. Some kayaking experts regard Idaho as the best whitewater kayaking in the nation and people come from all over the world to experience Idaho kayaking.