ROW seeks to hire a motivated, organized, self-starter to coordinate the logistical support for ROW’s Snake & Salmon River rafting trips. Based out of ROW’s warehouse in the Lewiston/Clarkston Valley, this position includes a wide variety of responsibilities, close team work with a fun-loving guide staff, and the opportunity to live in and explore a beautiful part of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. The Wizard shops and packs the trip food, schedules drivers and vehicles for shuttles, takes care of vehicles and grounds, maintains the souvenir retail supplies, managing laundry of guest sleeping bags and liners, coordinates communications with the main office, maintains finances, coordinates other logistical support as needed and is a general all around magic-maker. This is a full-time, salaried, seasonal position which begins late May or early June and lasts into September. Days off each week provide opportunity to explore the rivers, mountains and hot springs nearby. Other benefits include the opportunity to raft the Snake or another river ROW guides once each season. If you’re interested in working in the adventure travel industry and can work effectively without close supervision, apply to join our team!
Wizard Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the operations of ROW’s Warehouse in a manner consistent with all ROW operations and established protocol and procedures.
- Work with the Crew Leaders and guide staff to coordinate equipment and logistical needs for each trip and to assist with pack-ups and de-rigs.
- Shop and pack food for each trip according to menus and trip logistics.
- Schedule drivers to transport guides, equipment, and guests to all put-in and take-out’s.
- Responsible for keeping ROW retail items organized, inventoried and stocked.
- Implement recycling and sustainability program as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Operate within budget and maintain local checking account, including tracking all expenses as directed by ROW’s bookkeeper.
- Serve as the main liaison with the ROW office and Director of Operations when Crew Leaders are on the water. Communicate, distribute and post, as needed, rosters, schedules, special guest needs, etc and make sure that the appropriate people see them. Assist in equipment transfers, shipping or receiving of retail items, etc.
- Maintain a professional relationship with and act as the official ROW liaison with suppliers and local vendors including hotels used by our guests.
- Responsible for organization of warehouse and basic upkeep of warehouse facilities and grounds, such as watering and mowing lawn.
- Responsible for regular, basic maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of vehicles and trailers. Coordinate larger maintenance needs, once approved by supervisors, with local suppliers.
- Other logistical support duties as needed to ensure smooth operation of all trips.
- Legally allowed to work in the United States.
- Previous experience in the river trip outfitting business, preferred
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without close supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy with email, word processing, and menu-driven programs
- Excellent driving record
- Experience driving a heavy crew cab pick-up or equivalent with trailer
- Physically capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Commercial Drivers License, preferred
- General mechanical knowledge, preferred
How To Apply:
Thank you for your interest in ROW Adventures.