The purpose of this position is to allow ROW Adventures to meet its goal of providing high-quality trips, with enthusiastic sales and follow up. This position provides service to guests who would like to make reservations for half-day and one-day trips. As a sales-based, customer service position, the primary goal is to ensure each guest's needs have been met. This position includes regular customer interaction in person and via phone/email, data entry, use of reservation software to make bookings, and other duties as described below.
May 1 - September (specific ending date depends on the season)
Potential hire should be...
- An enthusiastic salesperson with the ability to learn and communicate the details and experiences of a variety of trips
- Able to work in a team atmosphere
- Able to type at least 60 wpm
- Friendly and fun-loving, with a positive outlook on life and work
Potential hire should have...
- An interest in the outdoors and a passion for sharing that interest with others
- Ability to attend training trips and participate in river trips as learning opportunities
- Good judgment, motivation, drive, and direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- A superb customer service ethic
- Previous front-line phone experience
- Knowledge of all office machines (fax, copier, postage meter, etc.)
- A willingness and ability to learn
- A sense of humor
Ability to write emails, reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group organizers, guests, vendors, suppliers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems (i.e. guide scheduling, availability of inventory, etc.) and deal with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Acting as a point of contact and greeting guests when they arrive at the office for a trip or stop by to inquire in person and/or act as a reception for other departments within the company
- Providing email and phone support for new/existing guests that are booking trips
- Being aware of maintaining the front entrance, supporting brand consistency, and making good first impressions of the company
- Answering phone calls in accordance with established guidelines
- Data entry as needed
- Learning ROAM reservation system for all half-day and one-day trips and River Dance Lodge
- Using ROAM to create, monitor, and update bookings
- Keeping accurate reservation records including notes and payments
- Maintaining good communication and mutually supportive working relationships with all members of the ROW staff
- Shipping and receiving: this includes carrying packages or boxes up to 55lbs up
- Recycling, trash, and office clean up every Friday
- Maintaining brochures and documents for outgoing mail, sending and distributing faxes, copying documents as needed, operating postage machine
- Filling routine brochure requests
- Fielding and responding to donation requests
- Book and assign guides to fly fishing trips
- Book and sell River Dance Lodge packages
- Coordinate all logistics involved with operating Self-Guided Bike Tours
- Assist with training of new seasonal hires that come in later in the season
- Edit ROW Adventure Center and River Dance Lodge websites as needed
Other duties may be assigned.
- Competitive wage: $10.50 per hour
- Free local one-day trips with ROW Adventures
- Discounted trips for friends and family
To apply please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org