Each year ROW Adventures seeks to hirer qualified and motivated individuals to guide fly fishing trips on some of the premier rivers, streams, spring creeks and lakes in the northern Idaho and western Montana region, including the St. Joe, North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene and Clark Fork rivers. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of fly fishing related to the region, including equipment, techniques and entomology, but prior guiding experience is not required. Fishing guides join a small, growing professional staff committed to providing quality, memorable fishing experiences and enriching guest experience through meaningful interpretation on natural and cultural history. ROW hires individuals committed to excellence in hospitality and safety, who support conservation efforts, desire to grow and learn, and who seek to set the high water mark in their professional and personal lives. Does this sound like you? Then apply to join our growing team!
Guide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide float and/or wade-style fly fishing trips on area rivers, streams, spring creeks and lakes
- Safely convey ROW guests on all ROW fishing activities
- Safely drive guests and equipment trailer
- Excellent risk management capability in remote settings
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural history topics pertinent to each trip, such as entomology, Wild and Scenic Rivers, early homesteaders, Pacific salmon etc.
- Prepare tasty, appealing meals for guests on applicable trips
- Assist with travel arrangements and booking trips
- Take care of ROW equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent ROW and its Mission, Vision and Values
- Act as a good steward of the natural world and follow Leave No Trace practices
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- Experienced in all aspects of fly fishing rivers, streams, spring creeks and lakes similar to those found in northern Idaho and western Montana, including fly fishing equipment, techniques and entomology
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of fishing specific craft (e.g. drift boats and oar rafts).
- Basic first aid and CPR required; Current 36 hour minimum or higher advanced First Aid certification (WEC, WAFA, WFR, WEMT, EMT) preferred
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field
- Experienced in guest services or group leadership preferred
- Academic or professional background or equivalent experience in natural science, western American history or environmental conservation related field preferred
- Ability to follow ROW's drug-free and tobacco free workplace policy
- Ability to obtain an Idaho Guide License
How To Apply:
Thank you for your interest in ROW Adventures.