Inti Raymi - Cusco
Peru Vacation Tour - Inti Raymi Classic, Peru
Peru Vacation Tour - Inti Raymi Classic:
Join ROW Adventures on a Peru vacation tour to witness the annual festival of Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun. Each year, special stands are built for the thousands of visitors on June 24th. The Sun was considered by the Incas a divinity of the highest rank, to whom temples were built in his honor in the most important places of the Empire. Not only presentations were made in honor of the Sun, but also in honor of God Kuntor (Condor), and Qoa, Choquechinchay or Titi (Feline God). On this vacation to Peru we combine this incredible festival with the historical wonders of Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
- Duration: 7 days
- Length: 7 days
- Intensity: Beginner
- Season: All Year
- Minimum Age: 12
- Begins In: Cusco, Peru
- Ends In: Cusco, Peru
- Airport: Cusco, Peru
Peru Vacation Tour, Inti Raymi
This Peru vacation tour will immerse you into ancient history taking you to the Inca times where the Sun ruled. Encounter the Andean Cosmo-vision of Life at the Inti Raymi ceremony, the most important of its kind in Peru.
Little is known about the subject of the Inti Raymi, however, some information gathered by chroniclers and peasants who still practice some of the ceremonies during the year to honor their Tutelary Gods inherited from the Incas, have shed some light in the matter. Nowadays, this ceremony is considered the main Inca Ceremony and it is represented in Saqsaywaman fortress. Lately, new scenes have been added, such as those held in the courtyard of Koricancha Temple and the Main Square of Cusco, called the Haukaypata, from which, the royal followers go to the slope of the fortress every June the 24th.
Side tours are also available.
- Dates & Rates
- Below you will find all available instances of this trip. Roll over departure dates to see a complete list of departures. Roll over the demographic icons to get a brief overview of the demographic group.
- Why ROW
Peru Vacation Tour and the ROW Difference
* Trips limited to just 15-20 guests
* Expert bilingual tour leaders lead our trips
* All airport transfers included
* We follow "Leave No Trace" practices
* Visit sites off the beaten path
* Strong Responsible Travel Actions (see below)
* True sustainability in all our business planning and operations. Specifically, to ensure that the natural and cultural values of the regions in which we operate are not undermined.
* Minimal environmental impact at all stages of the business. Our wilderness journeys should always operate under minimal impact guidelines, while our offices should be run on the lines of maximum efficiency and minimal waste.
* Contribution to conservation. Where possible we will engage in partnerships with local environmental groups to actively campaign for conservation or to promote environmental protection and rehabilitation.
* Our operations should maximize the positive effects of tourism on the Peruvian communities. This includes the employment of local staff, using local suppliers and developing sustainable businesses for them.
* Minimize the negative effects of tourism. This includes ensuring that tourism does not divert resources away from local communities or drive up the prices of local resources.
* Provide opportunities for cultural exchange, where we share and learn from the local Peruvian communities.
* Contribute towards host community welfare. Where possible, we will engage in partnerships with other companies and clients to develop programs that can assist the host communities. This may include support for health, education or environmental protection matters.
* We aim to increase your knowledge of the destination in order to encourage appropriate behavior and minimize the cultural and environmental impact.
Peru Vacation Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Cusco (City & Surrounding Inca Sites Tour)
Your Peru Vacation Tour starts when we pick you up from the Cusco airport and take you to the hotel, where you will rest to acclimatize to the altitude. After having lunch in a restaurant of your choice, we will meet for a guided city tour. This tour includes a visit to the Cathedral, which is over 450 years old, and the magnificent ruins of Saqsaywaman, Kenko and Tambomachay and an introductory briefing on the Andes and the Inca culture. At night we will have dinner together in one of Cusco’s finest restaurants.
Hotel in Cusco
Standard Version: Peru Vacation Tour - Standard
Comfort Version: Peru Vacation Tour - Comfort
Day 2 Cusco / Sacred Valley / Cusco (Tour of Pisac Market, its Inca Ruins and Ollantaytambo)
Following a delicious breakfast in your hotel, you will be met by your Peruvian guide who will take you on a tour of The Sacred Valley of the Incas. This vacation tour includes the fantastic Inca complex of Pisac, a look around the local market, buffet lunch, and a tour of the village and fortress of Ollantaytambo, returning to Cusco in the evening. The night is free for you to eat in a restaurant of your choice, although we always have plenty of suggestions for you, should you require them.
Hotel in Cusco: Standard or Comfort
Day 3 Cusco (Free Day)
Today you have a free day on your Peru vacation tour to walk around the streets and markets of Cusco, an excellent opportunity to take some photographs or maybe visit some of the other museums in town. If you feel adventurous, you can take a trek along ancient Inca Trails to hidden Inca sites, a river rafting adventure in the Sacred River of the Incas, a mountain bike excursion or horseback ride in Cusco’s countryside, or maybe visit other Inca sites such as Tipon (Temple of the water), Pikillacta ruins, or to the experimental terraces of Moray. Please ask for information on our extensions. Lunch & dinner on your own.
Hotel in Cusco: Standard or Comfort
Day 4 Cusco (Inti Raymi Ceremony)
Leaving our hotel in the mid-morning, your Peru vacation tour will take you to ringside seats for the spectacular show that Inti Raymi is. We will appreciate the costumes of the dancers, hear their music and enjoy the magical feeling of being here at such a special time. The show finishes early in the afternoon. We go back to the hotel and at night you will be able to have dinner on your own.
Hotel in Cusco: Standard or Comfort
Day 5 Cusco / Machu Picchu (guided Tour of Machu Picchu)
Having breakfast on board of the Vistadome train, surveying the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we make our way to the Machu Picchu Sanctuary, one of the greatest archaeological wonders on the planet. Here we will have a guided tour explaining some of the background behind this citadel. After a long day we will relax in our hotel.
Hotel in Machu Picchu
Day 6 Machu Picchu / Cusco (Optional: Second Tour of Machu Picchu)
For those who want to, we will have the chance to visit Machu Picchu for a second day on our Peru vacation tour. This day we won’t have a guide so we may enjoy Machu Picchu at our own pace. If you want to visit Huayna Picchu or the Temple of the Moon, this is your opportunity. In the afternoon we will return to Cusco. At night we will have a farewell dinner with a typical dancing show.
Hotel in Cusco
Standard Version: Casa Andina Classic – Cusco Plaza
Comfort Version: Casa Andina Private Collection – Cusco
Day 7 Cusco / Out
Breakfast and transfer to Cusco airport. End of the Peru vacation tour.
- Hotels as stated in Itinerary, based on the chosen level. If hotels are fully booked, a similar hotel will be booked
- Meals mentioned as Included
- All activities, tours and excursions mentioned in Itinerary
- Entrance fee to all attractions mentioned in Itinerary
- All Transfers in private vehicle. Vehicles include First Aid Kit and Oxygen tank
- Vistadome train to and from Machu Picchu
- Tourist Shuttle from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back on day 5
- Professional English speaking guide
Prices Do Not Include:
- Flights Lima / Cusco / Lima
- Optional activities on day 3
- Optional 2nd Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Laundry Service
- Alcoholic Beverages in Included Meals
- Send to friend
If you would like to send this trip to a friend that you think may be interested, please complete the form below. To send this trip to multiple friends, enter each email separated by a comma in the "Friend's Email" field.
- Reserve spot
Please complete the form below to send a request to reserve a spot for this trip. We will review your request and respond to you as soon as possible. Please add any additional notes or comments that we will need to know about your request. This could be anything from specific date requirements to special food allergy information.