Job Title: Lodge Coordinator
Function: Responsible to provide excellent customer service, ensure impeccable housekeeping and make sure that all River Dance Lodge guests have an incredible stay. Duties include housekeeping, checking cabins for perfection prior to a guest’s arrival, serving in our café/ dining room, checking in guests, etc. As well, able to retrieve reservation info from reservation system to ensure accurate numbers for the kitchen and accuracy of guest arrival notes. On occasion, assist our chef as necessary to cook and/or prepare and serve sandwiches and soup from a simple menu during the 11-4 timeframe on weekdays. The position requires someone who is knowledgeable about the area, what we offer, smiles easily and will provide superlative guest service. Attention to details is critical.
The person hired for this position must have a positive attitude about doing a variety of work and being a strong team member. This is a “hands on” position that requires a person willing to assist the General Manager in doing the physical work of running the resort.
Duties include, but are not limited to (not in any particular order):
- Housekeeping in our eight log cabins and three “glamping” tents – both the hands on work, and the head housekeeper duties of checking other works and ensuring that they are well cleaned and properly stocked.
- Taking and submitting a bi-weekly inventory of needed housekeeping supplies to the General Manager.
- Preparing daily lunches, assisting the chef with lunches for rafting or other activities in a prompt manner.
- Helps prepare and prep daily for upcoming meals and big events under the chef’s direction.
- Responsible for maintaining health department standards.
- Uses all housekeeping, kitchen and café checklists provided DAILY.
- Serving as lead wait staff.
- Taking and submitting a bi-weekly inventory of non-alcoholic beverages for the café to the General Manager.
- Welcoming and checking in lodge guests.
- Ensuring that all needed paperwork/brochures are stocked in the front of house.
- Providing superlative guest services when lodge guests have requests or needs.
- Taking restaurant reservations.
- Coordinating with Activity guides to help guests reserve activities if not already booked.
- Shuttle driver if needed.
- Attending weekly staff meetings.
- Continually checking grounds and property to insure guest safety and pleasant experience.
- Attentively and joyfully attending to guest needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employees are evaluated on their thoroughness in performing duties, attitude, punctuality, dependability, ability to operate as a team player, initiative, mature judgment, relationships with co-workers, management and guests, flexibility and willingness to learn.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the lodge manager.
Previous experience in the hospitality business, including both Housekeeping and Restaurant. Some cooking experience is a plus. Strong communication skills required. Strong computer skills and experience operating a POS system are also required. Must have a professional attitude and be willing to learn and accept new ideas. Initiative is highly valued. Must be able to work long hours during rush periods and not be subject to burnout and moodiness. Must work well under pressure and be a team player.
Schedule: This is a full time salaried position starting early May and lasting until Sept 10 or as negotiated on the Job Agreement. Special occasion days off and special needs must be negotiated prior to signing a job agreement in order to be guaranteed. We attempt to give two days off each week, but they will likely not be consecutive days and some weeks there will only be one day off during the peak season. Vacation days are not available from mid-June to latter August.
Physical Requirements- Able to lift 70 lbs or so
How to Apply:
Thank you for applying to River Dance Lodge!