Adventures in Brazil - Brazilian Tapestry, Brazil
Adventures in Brazil - Brazilian Tapestry:
ROW's Brazilian Tapestry is a cornucopia of experiences. Traveling through three distinct ecosystems; the Pantanal, the Brazilian Amazon and the savannah of the Chapada dos Guimaraes, this journey reveals, up close and personal, the variety and splendor of the wildlife and natural wonder of Brazil, the fifth largest country in the world.
This adventure was awarded the 2009 "Tours of a Lifetime" honor by National Geographic Traveler.
About the award:
“Every year, the editorial team combs the world to find the most authentic, most innovative, most immersive, best-guided, and most sustainable tours,” notes senior editor Norie Quintos. “This year, we wanted to make sure that the trips we picked were also a great value, given the economic climate. What we found is that there is no better time to go on a guided tour than now as the traditional savings offered by an outfitter being able to negotiate better rates on a trip’s components is magnified by cheaper airfares, a strengthened dollar, and more discounts, freebies, and extras.”
- Duration: 12 Days
- Intensity: Easy
- Season: January - December
- Begins In: Iguazu
- Ends In: Pantanal
- Airport: Sao Paulo
Adventures in Brazil - "Brazilian Tapestry"
Hiking, Canoeing and Exploring the Natural Highlights of Brazil including the Pantanal, the world's larget wetland area, the Amazon, Chapada dos Guimarães and the awe inspiring Iguazu Falls. This moderately active adventure is suitable for a variety of ages and abilities.
In terms of land mass, Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world. In addition to the majestic and powerful Iguazu Falls on the Brazil/Argentina border, this adventure visits three distinct ecosystems. One of these is the savannah of the Chapada dos Guimarães, a plateau with unique flora and fauna. This area spans the headwaters of the watershed of both the Amazon and the Pantanal, so is key to understanding the total environmental puzzle of the region. Another ecosystem is the Brazilian Amazon where we hike and paddle in the rich and varied forest and wetlands. Finally we head into the Pantanal. This is the largest area of wetlands in the world and an absolutely stunning wildlife experience that rivals the Galapagos Islands and Africa in terms of opportunity for close-up wildlife encounters.
It is hard to know which part of this adventure would be the highlight as it is truly a compendium of highlights. The trip is led by a local Brazilian guide who is joined by other naturalist guides at various points of the journey.
- Dates & Rates
- Below you will find all available instances of this trip. Roll over departure dates to see a complete list of departures. Roll over the demographic icons to get a brief overview of the demographic group.
- Why ROW
The ROW Difference with Brazilian Adventure Travel
- Trips limited to just 12 guests
- Expert bilingual tour leaders and naturalist guides lead our trips
- Accommodations in top quality Eco-friendly lodges and Inns built in a sustainable manner.
- All airport transfers included
- We follow "Leave No Trace" practices
- Visit sites off the beaten path
- Strong Responsible Travel Actions (see below)
We are proud that our trips have a significant and beneficial economic impact areas we travel and we leave a large percentage of the trip fee in the local economy.
- We stay in local hotels, eat in local restaurants, hire local guides and buy all our trip provisions locally. This is sometimes quite challenging as what is available changes from week to week, but we believe in the importance of contributing to the local economy as much as possible.
- Our trips also offer an excellent opportunity for our guests to interact with locals. If you have an interest in understanding how the local human population lives in the areas we visit, you will gain many insights on this ROW adventure.
- On each part of our journey we also hire the services of local boat owners and tour operators who support our trips in various ways.
- Send to friend
- Reserve spot